Monday, December 31, 2012

What a merry Christmas!

As our instagram followers know, we went to Disneyland for Christmas this year. 
It was so much fun! 
Instead of writing a bunch of boring stuff about it, I'll just post some pics we took and narrate a little. 

First we went to Vegas. It would be real mean to expect Hudsie to ride in the car for 12 hours at once, so we split it up a bit. On the way down, we stayed at the MGM. It was really nice and Hudson was sooo happy that we got to our destination after the 7 hr. drive. He did pretty good though, only crying a little. 


The next day, we drove to California. About 20 minutes before we got to our hotel, the car broke. It just stopped accelerating on the freeway. That's really scary. But we were really lucky to be right at an exit when it happened so we just kinda coasted off. The next 5 hours consisted of waiting for my parents and then a tow truck when it we had tried everything else. Finally Ronny, the tow truck driver, showed up and saved the day. 


The next day, we went to Disneyland. We spent 3 days there total and one day at Knott's Berry farm. We also spent one day shopping. One of my favorite things about going on trips with Mike is that he always lets me get my shop on. If you know my husband well at all, you know that he grew up with a Mom and a sister who loved to shop. This guy has the tolerance of an angel.  I really love that they trained him so well. He knows all the best places to go and he can just hang out or entertain himself while I enjoy it. He's the best.

I love baby feet. And especially baby socks. These were supposed to be in Hud's stocking but I took em out early. 

While we went on the first ride of the day, Papa outfitted Hudson with these. They even have his name embroidered on the back. So cute. 

One of my favorite things about our trip was that my little brother, Todd, was our roomie and hung out with us the whole time. Hudson looooves Todd. (even though this pic doesn't really show it) Todd really likes Hudson too. They make a lot of the same expressions and Todd is really hoping that Hudson's hair turns red like his haha. He really missed his gf on the trip though. Isn't that just soooooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd? Psh I told him to get over it. High schoolers..... 
(disclaimer: I really like his gf...he was just being a little love sick puppy dog about it. But I suppose I may have been the same way at 17. Heck I might be the same way now... Mike can't go on a over-nighter without a breakdown from me)

Hudsie spent a whole lot of quality time in his stroller. But he loves to be out doing stuff so he didn't mind most of the time. 

This is Mike's extremely large cookie. I think it was bigger than Hudson's head. We ate a lot of junk like this. Good thing it's time for New Years resolutions eh? 

Don't be alarmed about this picture. A couple people who saw it were really concerned about Huds being decapitated or something. His head is still nicely intact. This is what happens when he gets bored shopping. You see, he likes to be able to see everything, so sometimes we'll let him sit in his car-seat in the stroller backwards so he can get a better view. Recently he's really grown fond of arching his back and kicking his legs out to escape from where ever it is he's sitting. Well Mike looked away for one minute and looked back and this is what he saw. I laughed my head off when he told me and showed me this pic.

This is our happy family. Addie is the little girl in my arms. She's my little bud. She's actually my little sister. So Hudson's aunt. We have complicated families. 


Christmas Eve night. We went Disney crazy and Huds even had Mickey PJs. Aren't we just cheesy and cute? 

This is when me and Huds got bored in the hotel room. It's my creeperish smile and his super cute face. 

Hudsie's hair doesn't stay quite in tact sometimes. This is a mild version.  

Our Christmas lamp with all the presents under it. 

He likes to drink water from a bottle now. It's really cute. 

Addison loved the characters.  

I wish I lived in this castle. 

Hudson got really tired sometimes. He doesn't sleep much during the day, but he took some pretty awesome naps on our trip. 

John and Katy showed up to party with us. Mike spotted em first, and I tried to get a pic but was shut down by their body guard who sure didn't look like a body guard. Luckily Mike had my back and while I was being told no, he snapped this one. I think they really like each other, but it's bound to end because John Mayer is a womanizer and the whole world knows it. 

Addie really likes to pose. This is her doing some awkward poses for me in the hall. You should have seen her with the car in Cars Land. She was getting so into it. I think she's seen some shows with girls posing on cars....... She was laying on it, putting her chin between her fists...so funny. Had to be there probably.

We went to dinner at Medieval times one of the days.  


 This one just warms my heart. Todd is such a cute big brother/uncle.  

Well, since I can't get the SD card on my camera to read on the computer, that's a wrap! We had lots of fun! 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks so fun! I have always wanted to go to Disneyland for Christmas, but worried it would be so crowded it wouldn't be any fun. How was it? Crazy crowded and super long lines, or not too bad? Hudson is so stinkin cute, I can't stand it!

MaddeeShaw said...

how fun! what a lucky boy to have already been to disneyland! looks magical. He is soo cute. I think we are due for another play date! -maddee