Thursday, June 30, 2011

Plankers

So this year we did the Ragnar. I will keep this short because I feel like there had been Ragnar overload all over facebook and pretty much everywhere else. It's really not that cool since half of Utah was there.

Anyway, when I say "we" I mean mostly just my team. I woke up with the flu. 
Awesome.

Have you ever tried running with the flu?

If the answer is no, keep it that way.

I woke up at about 4am that day with a fever and feeling horrible. Determined to kick the sickness and run as planned, I still went. After registering, I puked on the side of the road. After that I felt great!! (you know that feeling right after you throw up...) haha So I thought I'd run my first leg. About two miles in I really wished I hadn't.



Above is proof that I ran the first leg. haha although after this, I puked again. Gross. So this was the last leg I ran.

I stayed with the group though and took part in the festivities. After the first day, I felt pretty good. I was grateful for that. But not stupid enough to try running again.

There is this new thing....that's super weird. And really actually dumb. Which makes it pretty funny. It's called "planking." Some have heard of it, and others haven't. Bt the point is to find random stops and lay face down and take a picture. These boys decided to make it the the main highlight of the race.

I have to admit, it's kinda funny.


We did the race with the Whetton Family + my mother in law, Dawna. It was a great time and I sure loved the peeps in our van. I am really happy I got to know them better! Hopefully we will do it again another year. :)



No comments: