Let me tell you all a little story.
There was once an obsessed girl with a cute husband who had a bright idea for a piece of furniture. This piece of furniture was once an ugly frog, and turned into a pretty handsome prince. Named Big Red.
Don't believe me? I'll prove it.
The next hurdle came with the top part. The poor guy had been left out in the rain for long periods of time and had been water logged. It required some extensive re-constructive surgery on the top and bottom baseboards and the shelving. (thanks to my strong husband who performed the surgery)
Above is prior surgery and below is post.
We used the same materials on the top as we did on the bottom and then added a little fabric to the backing on this guy...
Here is the unveiling of the new and improved, Big Red.
It was such a fun project and Mike helped me soooo much. He basically did all the hard stuff for me. What a stud. Now we are done though and we need a new project...if anyone has any grand ideas I'm open to them. :) Thanks for all of your support.